Help on SLAVE interface

Hi I am currently working on my final year project in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the Democritus University of Thrace in Greece. The project concerns the control of a PUMA robot system from a PC using the SLAVE interface.

I am currently facing the following problem: Though communication is established when executing the SLAVE program, the robot arm does not move! In addition, regardless of the actual joint angles of the arm, the joint angles the controller sends to the PC are always the same. It seems like the controller is reading "garbage" from the same (incorrect) adresses of the controller memory.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I would appreciate any help on this problem...

Thanks Ziarras Nikos

Reply to
nziarras

I forgot to mention that my robot system is a Staubli Unimation PUMA

761 Mark III, Val II.
Reply to
nziarras