Final year project topic (FPGA or Microprocessor based)

Hi all i am a newbie here... hehe Can anyone share he or she opinion with me if he got any idea on the FPGA and microprocessor application? Or the latest application for these two device. Thanks... (I a bit frustrate now cause my supervisor didnt giv me any topic and want us to think uself n i dunno what to do)

Reply to
chean

Migod!! a supervisor who wants a final year engineering student to "think" I'm glad such supervisors exist. If thinking is too hard, I suggest a career change. (one that doesn't involve the English language).

Reply to
Don Kelly

in a place long ago and far away i was asked to simulate an industrial function, in this case the logic to sense the weight of chickens on a conveyer belt and separate then into small medium and large. this was done on a paper tape reader in BCD.

Reply to
TimPerry

Vot are a

FPGA?

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

From the time they're able to waddle Those in charge do little but coddle So I think you'd agree They turn out to be Just a tool for the next years model...

ns

Reply to
northstar

i had to look it up. cant keep up with all the DAs (darn anacromyms)

field programmable gate array

Reply to
TimPerry

Thanks for ur information... Help alot....

Reply to
chean