Is this ironic, or is it me?

During the recent legislative wrangles, I attempted to contact my Senators via their websites to comment on Enzi's bill. I successfully contacted Senator Boxer, and received the 'canned' response that meant "don't call us, we'll call you".

I've heard nothing since then, until now. I've just received an 'update' from Senator Boxer. It's (essentially) email spam, telling me how to use the new "do not call" registry (in other words, an email spam telling me how to get rid of telephonic spam).

David Erbas-White (and yes, I realize I 'opted in' for her reply, just found it funny that this is the only thing I've received)

Reply to
David Erbas-White

She is officially on the wrong side of most issues.

For example she is on a committee to opose the davis recall along with Feinstein, which as you may know has been done according to state law, was reinforced by 2-3 court orders along the way and is proceeding forward, chads and all at a cost of less than 1/10 of 1% of the deficit provably caused by policy decisions Davis himself admits were mistakes and has "apologized for".

Jerry

Jerry Irvine

One of the funniest (and most pathetic) things I've heard in years is Davis' statements that the state can't afford the money it will take to run him out of office.

Sort of like the claim the capital punishment should be abolished because all the appeals make it too expensive.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Same "Clintonesque logic". Davis states Clinton is his closest advisor.

It is hard and generally inappropriate to impeach a President, but a recall campaign is two votes. One to get an inordinately large number of petition signatures, and one to vote the loser out of office.

It is one of those rare times when being a California citizen is a political feature and not a bug.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I find it interesting how liberal Democrats such as Davis condemn the recall as undemocratic. The logic seems based on the idea that popular opinion was swayed by a special interest group; in this case, sour Republicans who can't win elections legitimately so they steal them through the courts. The ironic point here is that in Kalipornia, the mojado lobby aka "Hispanic/Latino" leaders have so manipulated the courts that even when public opinion was steadfastly opposed to issues such as giving driver's licenses to illegals, they have managed to ram such illogical legislation through. Talk about undemocratic... Another point that galls me centers around the punch card voting machines. Davis was elected twice by such machines. Now, he and his supporters claim that these machines are so error prone that minority voters will not have their votes accurately counted should these machines be used. Thus, the recall should be post-postponed until next March. What crap! Any one who is so stupid as to not check his punch card for chad or mis-punched slots is too careless and stupid to have a legitimate political voice. Lord, what will they come up with next?

As to Ms Boxer... she is a typical limousine liberal who is worth millions and wants to spend middleclass dollars to help the people Mexico/China/name your middle easstern country won't help. Feinstein is cut from the same cloth. We need more INS agents, fewer illegals, more cops, more classrooms, more teachers, more mental hospitals for the poor deranged persons now left to wander our streets. We need to remove by force, the 90,000 known gang members in the city of LA and put them where they will never breed nor infect others. We need to discontinue welfare benefits and all social services to those who are not legally here. We need to ban these same illegals from our schools and we need to insure that college admission goes first and foremost to legal California residents and second to legal US residents.

Reply to
Reece Talley

If you start to attend some 5000$ a plate diners and luncheons and make some large donations , you would deserve her attention. Only those who pay can play in politic. Gary Deaver

Reply to
Deaver