about the project

Hey people ... I put up a request for a topic for doing undergrad project .. and you came up with some great ideas .. well i need your help again .. as the idea I chose .. the cart with the engine thing .. it has been asked to be reconsidered .. as it is far more mech than electrical or electronics . so that very much puts me in the same position as i was in the begining.... now i have come up with some ideas .. one i like very much is about home lighting control .. using one panel to control the lighting and other things of the whole house . maybe even remote control it ... I have interests in machines in general .. and am pretty ok with microprocessors and their programming .. i need to know of any ideas which are in nw a days .. like is there a specific requirement of the industry for machine control ... or any new type of machine control ... though our mentor says we can think of a topic ... he has suggested to tackle some prblms pertaining to control systems, or network analysis .. or some thing such as that .. but he didnt give any definite guidelines .. i have to reach him with a definite topic latest by Tuesday .. so i am really counting on suggestions from you guys ...

eagerly awaiting....

Reply to
kapil dube

Their is but just one word to say in response to your question my Son: "Protocol" Google this information wisely and you will live long and fruitfully pleasing your master graciously.

;o{)

Reply to
Lance Ryan

I have been going through the X10 protocol .. and get a nice feeling about it ... but some times it is really confusing. The interfacing part especially. can you fill me up on how to proceed? or maybe refer to some materials which i can use ... like on the web or a textbook or any thing??

Reply to
kapil dube

I better not find out you are mass producing The Hi Tech Shopping Cart I suggested without sending me my Royalties :-)

For The Sake of Pete ! What Engine are you hassled about ? All you need is a Good Electric DC Motor & a small Platform & a differential or gearbox (GE will probably Donate one to your school for your project) .... no stop this Nonsense & Get Back to Work !!! };-)

Oh Okay, you're not a Mech....I'll do it all later on when I open my shop/lab/garage. Thanks for the comeback.

Phd. Roy Q. T. et al School of hardknocks BX., N.Y. USA

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

... though our mentor says we can think of a topic ... he has suggested to tackle some prblms pertaining to control systems, or network analysis . or some thing such as that .. but he didnt give any definite guidelines .. i have to reach him with a definite topic latest by Tuesday .. so i am really counting on suggestions from you guys ... eagerly awaiting....

---------------------------------------------- Well you have to be creative, there are touchpad control consoles available throughout the industry with all sorts of styles and even custom made for any project that requires an integral control board I personally would go with the cart a small control panel with On/Off/Charge Status bars (any other functions) and a handheld, Squeaze Type Remote (wired or wireless) for Speed, Turns, Stop & Go & Climb. don't forget me now };-)

Roy Q.T. Urban Technician [I don't make em, I just fix em]

Reply to
Roy Q.T.