TCP/IP

HP 730C - autocad 2000

set to plot to IP address, 192.168.0.100 - from the router so I can plot from any computer without needing another always on for the LPT port.

but I can't get one computer to use the IP address.

can't remember how I set it up elsewhere. any clues?

Reply to
roy

Going to assume Windows XP:

Printers and Faxes -> Add Printer, local printer, new port, standard TCP/IP, tell it the IP address and make/model of printer. Done, more or less.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Thanks, but no. Windows 2000.

BUT I THINK YOU MAY HAVE DONE IT FOR ME.

Using a HDI driver - must go through the acad add a plotter, it's not a windows system printer.

maybe the answer is to use windows to locate the port and get autcad to assign the drivers to that printer. (do I smell a workaround here?)

I'll try later. thanks.

Reply to
roy

Most of these type of setups require that you install the driver for the router on each machine in order to use the printer port on the router.

Reply to
Bob Morrison