A hacker at work? IP 80.46.128.141

My IP address has only been revealed by malicious posters in the NG uk.radio.amateur.
I noticed some strange activity on my ADSL modem,
and identified as a malicious scan on the one port that is open.
The scanning is coming from IP address 80.46.128.141, which resolves to dsl-80-46-128-141.access.uk.tiscali.com
If this is your IP address, perhaps you'll have the decency to identify yourself so that a complaint can be made?

Send your complaint to Tiscal as posting it here is pointless. I would assume you are favoured up top enough to run a properly configured firewall. http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym and see if you have your computer is secure enough.
--
10-10 Good Buddy, see you on the flip flop.

Not true
Hackers scan large IP ranges looking for security vulnerabilities. If you have one then it will be found.
Also your IP addres sis also reveales in evry email you send and recorded by every web server you connect to.
Gordon
Hehe, you have no idea what you are talking about:
1. Every single thing you do on the net "reveals" your IP, it's not "secret". Heck, even the post you just made reveals your IP.
2. Port scans happen all the time. I get dozens of logs full of them every day, and I'm on a dynamic IP. Consider it "background radiation".
3. A port scan isn't illegal, you have no grounds to complain.

Unauthorised access to a computer system is illegal in Britland.
>3. A port scan isn't illegal, you have no grounds to complain.

Did you read that in your 350 law book? ...(_!_)...
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI wrote:

I am beginning to have grave doubts about Mr Bean's competency with the mechanics of the Internet, as dispayed by his posting about a 'scan' which he has labelled 'malicious' without quoting the evidence.
My firewall is currently showing 49 alerts; are they malicious merely because they are there? Should I start a thread on this subject? Should I buy a 350 law book? Is he an attention-seeking non-entity?
--
from
RVMJ

I've had grave doubts about Mr Bean's competency with anything for a long time now. The trouble is although he is a total non-entity his attention seeking is getting quite successful.
--
;>)
73 de Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI - mine's a pint.

A port scan is not an unaurthorized access.
Access is access. Scanning of ports is not access.
Unfortunately, you are not right.

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 07:09:20 -0000, "Airy R. Bean"

It is YOU that is incorrect, you retarded, top posting, Usenet twit.
Grow up, OM

Airy R. Bean wrote:

So Bob won the argument, then?
--
from
RVMJ
(dot) 99g (at) BTinternet (dot) com
Hehe, a port scan is "unauthorized access"??? Man, all those people trying to connect to their friends with dynamic IPs should be put in jail then. I say again: You have NO idea what you are talking about.

Unfortunately, you are not right.

Why not post your log extract so we can all see what evil things have been perpetrated?
Dave
--
mail: da snipped-for-privacy@llondel.org (without the space)
http://www.llondel.org /

I don't suppose that he would know what a log is, let alone how to post an extract.
Geoff
Grow up, OM

Airy R. Bean wrote:

So Bob won the argument, then?
--
from
RVMJ
(dot) 99g (at) BTinternet (dot) com

I did, years back. Judging by your inane ramblings, I think it is you who need to.
Where are these logs of all these alleged port scans that you have been invited to post, or are they as fictional as the rest of your postings.
Geoff