A hacker at work? IP 80.46.128.141

The CBer identifies himself every time that he opens his mouth....

Grow up, OM.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Unauthorised access to a computer system is illegal in Britland.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

You mean things like the header line in your post that reads

Only one? While setting up my new firewall I had all the logging on and the amount of crap it was blocking was amazing.

Just complain to Tiscali quoting the IP address above, your IP address and the time it took place if you're that bothered by it. They'll be able to find out who it is.

The owner of the offending machine may not even be aware of it if he's playing host to a trojan or two.

Dave

Reply to
Dave {Reply Address in.sig}

Did you read that in your £350 law book? ...(_!_)...

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

Looks like my prediction has come true. Now he's on broadband he can post more crap faster, and make an even bigger prat of himself.

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

What OS are you running the scanner from? My Linux box scanner runs in stealth mode and it's not SUPPOSED to leave traces. I'll have to test it one day.

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

Deep in the forest in the dark of night on Saturday 13 December 2003 6:43 pm, with a cackle and an evil grin, Brian Reay cast another eye of newt into the brew and chanted:

LMAO! Nice idea, Brian. Does that mean mine of the other week gets upgraded to the latest version? ;o)

Reply to
MattD..

My IP's have even got my name in the whois look up.

Ho hum.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

LMAO etc.

I've just done a Google to find the post he mentioned this in. Priceless, truly priceless.

I can see having him in the kill file has robbed me of a few laughs ;-)

Reply to
Brian Reay

I didn't say it was. I was observing that you are mistaken in thinking that your IP address "has only been revealed by malicious posters in the NG uk.radio.amateur".

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Mann

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:29:59 -0000, "Airy R. Bean" Gave us:

A port scan is not an unaurthorized access.

Access is access. Scanning of ports is not access.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Hehe, a port scan is "unauthorized access"??? Man, all those people trying to connect to their friends with dynamic IPs should be put in jail then. I say again: You have NO idea what you are talking about.

Reply to
repatch

"Airy R. Bean" wrote in news:brfpf4$2unbj$3@ID-

217727.news.uni-berlin.de:

If scanning an open port is considered "access" (which it isn't), then it is up to the administrator of that system to carry out the basic steps to secure such ports.

I would have thought that anybody who had written their own O/S('s) would have known that.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

walter pillock!

Pass the braincell.

mike

Reply to
mike

"jim.gm4dhj" wrote in news:acJCb.1000$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net:

Yep, where do you think operational amplifiers originated from. I remember the damn things in the 1970's.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Is that what it says in your £350 law book?

How do you know that the 'access' was not benign, or part of routine Internet traffic?

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Reply to
Me

I and others told you how to deal with this. Do it and shut up.

Stop whinging. It makes you look small.

Reply to
Me

I am beginning to have grave doubts about Mr Bean's competency with the mechanics of the Internet, as dispayed by his posting about a 'scan' which he has labelled 'malicious' without quoting the evidence.

My firewall is currently showing 49 alerts; are they malicious merely because they are there? Should I start a thread on this subject? Should I buy a £350 law book? Is he an attention-seeking non-entity?

Reply to
Me

I've had grave doubts about Mr Bean's competency with anything for a long time now. The trouble is although he is a total non-entity his attention seeking is getting quite successful.

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

My Dear Meester Turner-Smith-Bond,

As you will know, I do not directly operate the controls of the uk.radio.amateur portscanner !

[ pauses to stroke hairy white moggy on lap ]

Many have written that the portscanning of the information superhighway's most important sewer was carried out by rogue agencies. In this particular case, they are simply wrong, Meester Turner-Smith-Bond.

I do not concern myself with the details of the operation system of the portscanner, I choose to leave such fine detail to my minions. In these days of source route filtering, I would be most pleased to hear of your stealth invention, and would invite you to discuss a scan my facility at a time of mutual convenience.

Until then, Meester Turner-Smith-Bond, I have much work to do....

[ pushes button on desk and "There Is A Tavern In The Town" blasts out of a hundred car stereo systems along Crystal Palace Parade .... ]

73, G.

Reply to
Harry Blofield