Fraudulent work at home scam

(as opposed to an honest work at home scam?) Here's a good one.

URL has an extra space to not promote it too much.

http://www.home29 bizstart.com/landing/index.php

They use geolocation to pretend that the story occurred in my home town. I am sure that if you look at it, you will see your own town in the article. I guess it adds credibility to the story.

Now for the fun part.

The "adsense earnings" page shows "earnings for today" as 700.62. But if you take the number of impressions 19.4 (thousand) and multiply it by advertised CPM of 5.20, you only get 10.52 dollars in earnings, not 700.62.

The scammers, in other words, photoshopped the adsense earnings page.

Ignoramus20088

Yes, but how many inches will it add to your mortgage?

Reply to
Don Lancaster

Sorry for a typo, you get $105.2 by multiplying.

Ignoramus20088

How much did they take you for Iggie?

Reply to
BrotherBart

The point is that ability depends largely on the individual not some arbitrary age. Your guy might not have been able to see but my guy can and runs fast (for his age) too.

Cheers,

John B.

Reply to
john B.

Jon, you need to sit down with him and make him talk about it. Get him started. Record it, ask questions, transcribe it for him. Make it a weekly thin so he anticipates it. I did not do this with my D-Day veteran dad until it was too late, and now his story is lost.

Reply to
Rex

While there are of course the rare exceptional individuals, it has been pretty well medically proven that in later years virtually everyone's physical and mental reaction times and vision declines. By the time you're in your 80s it's all but certain that your driving ability is decreased, at the very least causing you to drive slower than the traffic flow and creating a hazard.

Reply to
Pete C.

Why? Both my grandfathers were working into their 80's and were not considered unique. If you are planning on quoting national driving statistics I suggest you do some reading as I read that drivers 75 years or older have an accident rate slightly lower then the 16-19 age group.

Of course, if you ban your teen age kids form driving ... Cheers,

John B.

Reply to
john B.

And significantly higher than the 30-50 age range. Face it, the driving skills of most drivers 75+ have declined significantly.

There is a difference between developing driving skills and loosing them.

Reply to
Pete C.

That is a an unrealistic statement as you are changing the goal posts.

We were talking about the ability of someone to operate a motor vehicle, not learning curves. Unless you meant that it is perfectly normal for your teen age kid to crash but if your grandfather does it is a sign of old age.

Cheers,

John B.

Reply to
john B.

there is the point that an octogenarian is much less likely to suffer from testosterone poisoning than a 17 year old male, and this compensates for a lot of declining eyesight and reaction time - still at some point it seems that the brain and the car just don't connect any more.

Reply to
Bill Noble

My 80-something father commented that while he usually knew what to do, he couldn't get his body to do it fast enough or well enough. What also happened is his speed of knowing what to do slowed down as well.

The net effect was that he could not drive on highways at all, as the world had not slowed to compensate.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Undoubtedly true but the original argument seemed to be that (1) all over a specific age are incompetent and (2) it depends on the individual.

Cheers,

John B.

Reply to
john B.