My bad day at work

Wednesday past, I riding on the back of a three wheel electric scooter. A member of show management was taking me to get a 15,000# forklift to move some Jersey rail.

It was raining. The fellow was driving with an umbrella in front of him. I was on the back seat, facing rearward. Because his vision was blocked, he drove under a parked semi trailer. The blow to my back and the back of my head knocked me off the scooter, where I again hit my head on the concrete. Ambulance, ER, the whole deal.

Long story short, I got a concussion, contusions, and back and neck strain. Looks like a few weeks of recovery and therapy.

Sometimes you can do everything right, and the other guy will get you. So, watch what you do, and keep an eye on those around you. We all work with idiots. Don't assume that those around you will do things right.

HTH

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You're right about that ouch!. Hope you recover soon. What happened to the other guy?

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

He had a split lip. He went up under the trailer, and thankfully, there was some space between his face and the bottom of the trailer. And luckily the seat was down so he wasn't crushed between the seat and trailer.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

At least you didn't get beheaded. Sorry about your injury.

Reply to
AL

Wow, that is scary.

I'm glad you didn't get hurt any worse, and hope you heal up fast.

Reply to
sittingduck

Was it from the accident, or from later, when you punched him for doing such a bonehead stunt! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Ow. That's painful just reading it.

Well, document it nine ways from Sunday, and consult with a Lawyer who handles PI and Comp cases ASAP to make sure your ass is well and thoroughly covered. You might even want to have an independent investigator come in and do a full work up & report for your records.

Even if the company takes excellent care of you and you don't plan to file suit now, you might want to show them you've done your CYA, it /will/ get their attention... ;-)

It sounds like 100% Workers Comp and no possible fault on your part since a Management level person was driving the cart, /BUT/... If they balk at paying for medical/dental problems or partial disability issues that don't show up until later, they can also try to say it never happened, or it was (partially or wholly) your fault...

That's when you discover the true character of the people you work for, not the BS that their PR people put out for public consumption. If he thinks he can save the corporation a few bucks by lying through his teeth (and get a nice fat raise in the process), some Pointy Haired Bosses will sell you out in a heartbeat.

Been there, been done over like that (thankfully on a much smaller scale - I only got sc**wed out of a month's Unemployment Insurance when the Owner lied), getting butt-f**ked never feels good.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Sometimes fate hits you with the Clown Hammer of Circumstance and there's nothing to do but sit there and watch the little birds fly around your head." - Tara Calishain, ResearchBuzz

Thats a good case for a law suit, or at the very least, an agreement from the company to cover any current and future medical and other related bills in the foreseeable future.

And kick the driver square in the nads with a sharp upwards snapping motion as soon as possible. He should NOT be allowed to breed and contribute to the gene pool.

Gunner

"This phenomena occurs in many voting precincts, especially near Chicago. Democrat voters are so loyal in some areas that they continue to vote for decades after their deaths. Since most of these deceased Democrats surely vote from Hell, this leads one to wonder about the accommodations made between the Democrat National Party and The Devil. Perhaps this is best reflected in the hook nosed, pointy eared, Herman Munster looking candidate the Democrats choose to run for President this year." Strider

Reply to
Gunner

Notice how almost everybody thinks "law suit" right off the bat. Jeezus, are we programmed. If there was only some way to get justice without a freaking lawyer, leach, bottom feeder POS, involved.

JohnF

Reply to
JohnF

Hey, not everyone. I just said that the Original Poster should make sure to do all the due diligence needed to CYA - Cover Your Ass. If the employer and facility know you have all the facts lined up on your side, you don't need to run out and sue them to get them to treat you properly.

If you don't have all the evidence, video tapes, incident reports and witness statements already collected and ready to use, and it blows up on you a year or more later, it's your word against theirs. Push goes to the side that can spend more money on lawyers, and that isn't the employee who got injured OTJ.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Think this might be why? (other than the constant advertising by lawyers)

"A corporation has no heart, no soul, no morals. It cannot feel pain. You cannot argue with it. That's because a corporation is not a living thing, but a process -"

I lost track of where that quote originates, but others by Baron Thurlow are on a similar vein.

Let's hope your injuries heal fast and are not permanent, be wise make sure they are documented. A consultation with a lawyer is not a bad idea it doesn't have to lead to a suit.

Reply to
Beecrofter