A hacker at work? IP 80.46.128.141

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:13:27 -0000, Duncan Munro Gave us:

They call them "Bobbies" over there.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:26:13 -0000, "Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI" Gave us:

They probably have quite a laugh, every time the retard calls them.

Reply to
DarkMatter

How do you know:

[1] such an attempt was made: cite your evidence [2] you did not give permission: cite your evidence

Note that your IP address is published in every posting. Havinf to press H on the keyboard does not make it secret.

Reply to
Me

You still haven't mentioned how you knew you were 'scanned', rather than just making asertions such as that that claimed it was 'malicious'.

Reply to
Me

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:27:39 +0000, Walt Davidson Gave us:

Actually... NO.

When I used to collect takes for a video game distributor, we had a car ripped off at one time for $2000. I wanted to install a deadly shock device on my car trunk to dispatch any lame thug f*ck. ILLEGAL for me to do that. In fact, the police told me that I can do nothing to him, UNTIL he actually removes property from the broken into trunk. That includes no crime, even if he is standing there with a crowbar.

Of course, this varies from state to state. Ohio has to be full of retarded legislators. I think they guy is guilty as he approaches the car, and a guard for an armored car would as well. I cannot do anything to the dude until he actually tries to pull it off though.

I want the shock box attached to the trunk vault. BZZZAPPP!!!

Kills roaches dead. They do not deserve life.

Reply to
DarkMatter

He is a "Soft Wear" consultant. He tests padded jackets for use in Psychiatric units. Kind of an "on the job" perk.

Reply to
A Veteran Has Lung

That made me giggle, thanks!

Gareth is such an arse.. lol

Reply to
huLLy

Why not post your log extract so we can all see what evil things have been perpetrated?

Dave

Reply to
Dave {Reply Address in.sig}

LOL

Reply to
lysander

And neither have you :)

Although you are correct it isn't illegal, it IS against 99.9% all ISP AUP (Accepted user policies) and most ISP's will take action against such people if you can show that it is a deliberate attempt to breach your machine :) ie, repeated scans from the same IP over a period of time :)

Reply to
XLT

The same in the UK.

It may be so in your part of the United States, but I am not convinced that is the situation in the UK. It is often deemed to be a crime to "attempt" to commit a felony in the UK, or to do something "with intent" to commit a felony. [I know "felony" and "misdemeanour" are USA legal terms.] For example, it is illegal to "go equipped" for breaking and entering into another person's property, or to carry an offensive weapon. Almost anything could be classed as an offensive weapon, unless you have a good explanation for carrying it!

73 de G3NYY
Reply to
Walt Davidson

Over there, they still patrol on bicycles, two by two.

73 de G3NYY
Reply to
Walt Davidson

snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, close ALL ports, ang give us a rest.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

My Congratulations Meester Turner-Smith-Bond ! You have defeated my minions security and they will all be duly fed to the sharks and replaced by other operatives dressed in black ninja suits.

[ pauses to stroke hairy white moggy on lap ]

You have many talents I could use Meester Turner-Smith-Bond. For now, I must concede that under Section 1(1)(a) of the Computer Misuse Act 1990, you did not access any program or data on my computer and therefore you did not commit any crime, which is such a shame, Meester Turner-Smith-Bond !

Until we meet again.

[ pushes button on desk and a thousand tins of Special Brew fall out of the back of a Land-Rover ..... ] 73, G.
Reply to
Harry Blofield

The very name refers to the mathematical operations they were designed to carry out.

Reply to
Richard Kaulfuss

"Airy R. Bean" wrote in news:brfe6o$2svik$1@ID-

217727.news.uni-berlin.de:

Your proof of malicious activity should be justified.

Well - block your ports - go to Gibson Research -

- and make your system secure.

You should see my logfile Gareth from my router - it's heaving with scans and intruders. Like I said above - block your ports.

You're on a hiding to nothing with this - if tiscali are your ISP, it could be them scanning to calculate network traffic, etc.

Leigh....

(See - I'm being nice to you for once!)

Reply to
Leigh

"Airy R. Bean" wrote in news:brfpf4$2unbj$3@ID-

217727.news.uni-berlin.de:

Where ever that may be. Near to Sealand in the Thames Estuary I presume?

;-)

Leigh...

Reply to
Leigh

"Airy R. Bean" wrote in news:brh4h9$39le1$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-217727.news.uni-berlin.de:

Sadly they are.

Do you request and hold written permission from the operator of each web server, news server, mail server and routing device you pass through or use on the internet?

I rest my case.

Leigh....

Reply to
Leigh

H won't work. He's using Outlook Express.

Reply to
Whinging Courier

"Crash Bang Wallop" wrote in news:xcJCb.2451$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net:

Probably the same as we do.