Jaguar Cub inverter fault?

The inverter on the vertical head on my Elliott mill has just stopped playing. The display keeps showing '0.0A', which I can't find anywhere in the manual, or OC1 or OC2 (overcurrent codes) when I try to start the motor. The motor doesn't even twitch, though it turns freely by hand and the winding DC resistances look sensible & are consistent between phases. Any clues? Or anyone got one spare to sell (1.5 hp)? It fits very neatly on the mill head & another make might not.

These things always happen when there's lots to do in limited time :-(

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

I've known quite a few of the older Cub inverters to have their IGBT's go for no apparent reason. They gave a similar error if I recall correctly.

Can't suggest anything I'm sorry.

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

The 0.0A simply means load current is 0, not much help other than it tells you the motor's not getting any drive. If you get that at the same time you see an OC error (overcurrent alarm 1 or 2) then it may be that the alarm levels have been corrupted and are set very low. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Thanks, I've checked all the settings, also tried resetting to factory defaults, no joy though. It appears to bring up the 0.0A when it should be showing frequency, seemed a bit odd to me.

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Will it cycle thru showing amps and frequency by using the data button ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

It's supposed to, I'll have another play with it in the morning.

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

It's doing that this morning, but any attempt to start it brings up the OC3 fault. Behaviour is slightly different from last night, after disconnecting & reconnecting to check motor resistances. All external connections are sound, but I do recall nowthat I took it apart some years ago to bodge up the connection from one of the motor terminals to its busbar or whatever. I seem to remember thinking I would be lucky if it lasted 6 months I think I'll have to order a new one in the morning :-( Any better suggestions than the Altivar ATV11 from RS at 150 quid?

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech