Vectors in Autocad - can it be done?

Hi
I have never used Autocad in my life (nor do I intend to). However, I have a
friend who is able to get me some shapes laser cut and he needs the files in
.dxf format. He has only ever done straight line objects in Autocad and
doesn't know if the option to draw curves exists.
Is there any way I could say design my curved objects in a program (say
Adobe illustrator or similar) that is able to export vector images and could
these be imported into Autocad and therefore converted into the .dxf file
required?
I cannot believe that a program as sophisticated as Autocad is only capable
of drawing straight lines.
Any help much appreciated
Cheers
Jem
Reply to
Jem
Adobe Illustrator can export to DXF, no need for AutoCAD.
"Jem" wrote in message news:3fb648a9$0$250$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com...
Reply to
Smackypete
Brilliant!!
Thanks
Jem
Reply to
Jem
Fyi Illustrator 10 can open dwg file no need to go trought dxf
Regards
Robert
Reply to
Robert
Curves can be drawn in a few seconds with your specs just ask anybody in the ng to draw it up for you witch i am shure that any member will be glad to help and send it via e-mail
Reply to
Robert