insert an image in a model to use it

Hi I need to insert a image into a model so I can use it to extrude a cut. The image is of a company logo with no standard font, I have not scanned it yet so could save in several formats. any ideas?

thanks

Reply to
greif

How are things in Kaukauna?

What is the source of the image? If the sender has Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw, he could supply an outline in DXF and your troubles would be minimized.

When converting Adobe Illustrator to DXF, it is important that the DXF contain only outline entities and no fill. Otherwise, SW can not assimilate.

Otherwise, you are stuck inserting a JPEG or BMP into a sketch and tracing.

Reply to
That70sTick

If you are tracing, it helps a lot to lighten up the image when you scan it or before you bring it into the sketch background. It is very hard to sketch black or blue lines on top of a black image, but it is easy when the lines in the image are a medium to light grey

Reply to
ed1701

We like SW-06 taking AI files straight in. So if it is vector art, it is done. Sketch blocks are exceptionally useful also.

As far as format, inserting sketch picture (tools, sketch tools, sketch picture) recognizes lots of formats and is good.

-Blair

Reply to
Blair Sutton