Insert model into a layout?

Hi, simple question here.

I want to insert my drawing that I have drawn in the model workspace into a Layout. I have a border with drawing no., title and all inserted as a block. How do I insert my model into the layout and have it update automatically as I continue to revise my drawing in the model tab?

Reply to
JonABurgess

You use a VIEWPORT.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

thanks, that worked

Reply to
JonABurgess

Wow, that was simple!

Whenever I have to explain paper space and model space, I get a trash title block plot and cut out the middle. I have two people hold it up for me, then I stand right behind the drawing and say "Here I am at 1:1 scale [step back a few feet] here I am at quarter scale [step back a few feet] here I am at eighth scale..." Nothing like a good visual to get the point across.

Marc

Reply to
Marc Clamage

I resisted my pedantic urges to lecture the OP about the virtues of learning the names of things etc., etc., and tried a Longshot-ish one-liner : )

You ever notice how they had to put tabs on Paperspace to be able to sell it? I get the feeling almost everyone is using "layouts" now, whereas you used to get the blankest stares when you'd try to sell the merits of PSPACE just a few years ago.....

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich