Re: autocad->illustrator

If you wanna import 3D faces you have to use the 3D-Tiger AI plug-in: http://www.3d-tiger.com /
N.
talking purely 2-d, flat drawings...plans, elevations...no 3-d faces or such

I don't have Illustrator so maybe this isn't correct but.....
Couldn't you export from AutoCAD as an .eps file and then open it in Illustrator? If I'm not mistaken the eps file format is vector as is Illustrator so that might be your best bet?
Anyways, I'd love to know if it works. I remember reading a while back about someone who did this and put in gradient fills to give more of a presentation look to basic cad drawings.
HTH,
Michael (LS)

Correct. I was able to do the following: - Extract a large DXF file from Genamap [Unix GIS] of property and road boundaries [28,000 properties, maybe 1/2 million vectors] - Import to AutoCAD, postprocess, add layers, designations etc - Print to PDF - Send to graphic designer for further rendering in Illustrator
Only problem was I had to reduce all polylines to zero width, otherwise they came out in Illustrator as a string of polygon segments. Maybe there is a workaround for this? Anyone with the answer, I'd like to hear from them. troppo19 the @ sign hotmail.com
http://www4.tpg.com.au/users/mclark / Building & Urban Design in the Tropics