Remove vertices from polylines

Anyone have a lisp to do this? An "aim-and-fire" approach is preferred.

--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

I don't need this very much, so I'm not going to write one. This link would help if I was going to do so, however.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com
Michael Bulatovich schrieb:

No, I dont't mean "decurve". I do this:
Command: _pedit Select polyline or [Multiple]: [select a polyline] Enter an option [Close/Join/Width/Edit vertex/Fit/Spline/Decurve/Ltype gen/Undo]: _e
Enter a vertex editing option [Next/Previous/Break/Insert/Move/Regen/Straighten/Tangent/Width/eXit] <N>: _n Enter a vertex editing option [Next/Previous/Break/Insert/Move/Regen/Straighten/Tangent/Width/eXit] <N>: _n Enter a vertex editing option [Next/Previous/Break/Insert/Move/Regen/Straighten/Tangent/Width/eXit] <N>: _n
[repeat "n" (or "p") until the marker is at the first vertex - P1 - wherefrom you want to delete vertexes]
Enter a vertex editing option [Next/Previous/Break/Insert/Move/Regen/Straighten/Tangent/Width/eXit] <N>: _s Enter an option [Next/Previous/Go/eXit] <N>: _n Enter an option [Next/Previous/Go/eXit] <N>: _n Enter an option [Next/Previous/Go/eXit] <N>: _n
[repeat "n" (or "p") until the marker is at the last vertex - P2 - whereto you want to delete vertexes]
Enter an option [Next/Previous/Go/eXit] <N>: _g
[now all vertexes between P1 and P2 will be deleted, voila]
Enter a vertex editing option [Next/Previous/Break/Insert/Move/Regen/Straighten/Tangent/Width/eXit] <N>: _x Enter an option [Close/Join/Width/Edit vertex/Fit/Spline/Decurve/Ltype gen/Undo]: [enter] Command:
This command is known at least since Rel. 11. The command lines above are a copypaste from the text window in ACAD 2004. May be in older versions this option is other labeled than "Straighten"? Usually I use german ACAD versions.
Regards Juergen
Michael Bulatovich schrieb:

Wow. No matter how long I work with this thing, I never seem to get to "know it all". Thanks for that one Juergen.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

I believe they were introduced in R14. You can convert them first, but for my work, and IMO, that's an unacceptable thing to do. Waaaay to much potential for serious bloating.

Same for me. When I'm editing PLines, they're generally 3D and it's usually not just deleting. Some inserting, some moving, some deleting. I've become proficient enough using PEDIT.