AcadLT2000 locks up on print dialog box

I am having a problem where AutoCAD lt 2000 locks up when a user prints a drawing. This problem happens inconsistently so it is really difficult to troubleshoot. It also does not give any error messages.

What happens is when I tell AutoCAD lt 2000 to print; it opens the printer dialog window, and then locks up. I have to use task manager to end task AutoCAD.

Anyone else experience that or have any ideas how I can troubleshoot it. Thanks.

Courtney

Reply to
Courtney

are you set "print directly to the printer" in the printer properties (control panel of Window)? try set "spool printe documents....."

Reply to
Admirer of the Jimi Hendrix

Check your memory resources - you may have another application open (or something in your system tray) that is consuming memory and not allowing enough to spool your print. If you only have 256Mb RAM (used to be a lot in the old days) you may need to consider adding two or three times more. To test this theory, click: start/run/ type "msconfig" and click the startup tab and click "selective startup" then uncheck "load startup group items" and reboot. You will now have nothing using memory resources (except explorer). Betcha you won't lock up. And I know this because that is what happens to me when I try to print large files with my under-resourced 'puter. HTH, DGS

********************************* I am having a problem where AutoCAD lt 2000 locks up when a user prints a drawing. This problem happens inconsistently so it is really difficult to troubleshoot. It also does not give any error messages.

What happens is when I tell AutoCAD lt 2000 to print; it opens the printer dialog window, and then locks up. I have to use task manager to end task AutoCAD.

Anyone else experience that or have any ideas how I can troubleshoot it. Thanks.

Courtney

Reply to
ICT