Problems printing some PDFs created from SolidWorks on HP 5000N

What kind of problems?

Reply to
Deb Dowding

On larger prints (file size) printer just freezes returning error thru print server (win2003) I can pin point the exact problem because it is not doing it all the time, it seems that problem started some time after upgrade to 2007, I think it may be postscript issue, or do I need new printer?

Reply to
mr.T

We have the same model printer and I seldom have problems with it. We have

4mb memory installed and use the "HP LaserJet 5000 Series PCL6" driver. Let me know if you would like to know any other settings we use. If you want, you can send me a file and I can try to print it here.

Also, it seems like once I see a problem with a printer (missing dims, baloons, BOM items, etc.), re-starting SolidWorks is the only way to get a good print.

Debbie

Reply to
Deb Dowding

Is that printing directly to the printer from SW or saving as PDF and then printing created PDF file?

If I do it the normal way (print directly to the printer or print to Acrobat) everything prints OK. Unfortunately our procedure requires PDF of every drawing (you can't trust .slddrw )

server (win2003) I can pin point the

started some time after upgrade to 2007,

4mb memory installed and use the "HP

other settings we use. If you want, you

baloons, BOM items, etc.), re-starting

Reply to
mr.T

It's not you, and it's not just PDFs generated from SolidWorks. Your

5000N probably does not have enough memory.

TJ

Reply to
TJ