SW 32 or 64 Bit on A MacBook Pro?

I believe that the MacBooks are 64Bit machines with OSX 10.4.?. I just ordered one with Parallels for XP Pro and also intend to Use BootCamp if SW under Parallels isn't fast enough. My big question is which (32 or 64Bit) version of SW 2006 do (or can) I install. Not that I would want to but can you install a 32 bit SW version on a 64 bit machine?

Reply to
The Pixleys

You're more limited by the version of Windows you'd be running. As SW runs on Windows, which you're running on OSX, you'd need to make sure you've installed a 64 bit version of Windows on 'Parallels' ?? before worrying about running 64 bit SW on Windows on Parallels on OSX.

I had to google Parallels to be sure, but indeed. You're limited to the

32 bit version of Windows on your OSX via Parallels. Check Parallels.com FAQ for more info.

You can certainly install 32 bit software on a 64 bit machine (I imagine a lot of software is 32 bit having no need for the capacities available via 64 bit architecture and OS.)

For example... Parallels is a 32 bit application running on your 64 bit Powerbook / OSX.

The Pixleys wrote:

Reply to
mandiison

Thanks for the info. It all sounds good...I'll know in 3-7 (UPS ground) days.

Reply to
The Pixleys

Been running SWks 2006 on Boot Camp on Mac Book Pro since it came out, and I am thrilled, but there are little issues to attend to.

I often use an external mini-PC keyboard, rather than some key workarounds on the Mac, and I use a RadTech BT500 wireless 3 button mouse w/scroll wheel on the palm pad area to the right of the mouse pad.

Didn't try Parallels as the video speed and pixel size supported was not good enough in the beginning.

Bo

The Pixleys wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Rumor has it that Parallels is about to ad 3D support (probably not OpenGL for now) for the gaming guys. SW might benefit from this. Also there is going to be (or is now in the latest beta) a feature that lets you start XP apps. from the Mac bar and just the app. starts with enough of XP running to make it go...meaning not needing to go into an XP window for SW.

Reply to
The Pixleys