Autocad not using 3D hardware acceleration

Hello.
I am having an odd problem: even though I enabled hardware acceleration in the options dialog (selecting wopengl8.hdi, the only available choice), 3D
redraws are still painfully slow (exactly same speed as without enabling it). It's just like AutoCAD is ignoring the setting. My configuration is as follows : HP workstation with NVidia Quatro FX 1300 (128 MB graphics memory), AutoCAD 2005 full. I am running Windows XP SP2, and the latest certified drivers for the video card. I must be missing something, but what ??? Help !
Thanks in advance,
R.
On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 23:36:05 +0200, "R" <aucune> wrote:

you have mentioned it already, AC which is mainly a 2D CAD doesn't use OpenGL 3D acceleration besides the spaceball and thus your Quadro isn't of any use.. a cheap GeForce shows the same performance.

use a real 3D CAD as e.g. SWX etc.
N.
Hm that's fair enough. The thing is, it's not even using 3D acceleration where it's supposed to.
R.

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 21:39:54 +0200, "R" <aucune> wrote:

Is ADSK claiming any 3D accelearation (besides the spacball) for displaying 3D elements in AC?
I doubt this.
use a 3D application.
N.
Selecting wopengl8.hdi is not enhancing AutoCAD capabilities. Being able to select a driver from a video card is.
Just a note.