Hardware acceleration

It seems when our users run into random crashing in SW2003 that knocking the Hardware Acceleration down to None takes care of most of hte problems. I know that means SW doesn't like the card or the driver or both. The question that I have is what, if anything, are we losing by doing this?

Reply to
SWuser

If you don't notice a "DRAMATIC" decrease in shaded performance, you weren't gaining anything by using HW acceleration anyway.

HW acceleration affects shaded, and hidden line, view performance (rotate,pan, zoom, etc.). Turning it off is no big deal if your only working on a single simple part. Once you get into assemblies it can become painfully slow.

My advice is to get a good card. I just bought a PNY 750XGL Quadro, new, for $280.00. This is a good solid fast card.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM