Screw scale problem

I am evaluating SW and have a few problems (SW2003). My screws change scale when I transfer the CAD file to my home computer (from CDROM). They seem to revert to a default scale that was used to create the specific size...like having a configuration based on 1" and scaling it by .25 to get a 1/4" screw. This happens to dowels too. Another problem is that the smart fasteners get confused and make me open the properties on each one to confirm that they are ok. On another note, am I correct in assuming SW is not backwards compatible? How will SW2004 users work with a customer or vendor that has 2003? A previous question about making detail balloons on follow the assembly BOM when on different sheets got good response but none of then worked for me. Thanks.

Reply to
alluvium1

I assume you are working with Smart Fasteners. I have had the problem with the screws changing sizes when working between 2 different computers. I think its caused when you create a size(Configuration) on one computer that is not on the other. The way I worked around it was to copy the "Toolbox Parts" folder and the "Project" and make sure you copy it over the folder on the other machine. That way Toolbox can find all the configurations and will not switch to the default config. You can set up Toolbox to make separate copies but you still need to drag the folder along(I think). PITA!

Mike Eckstein

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

Yes, you are.

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

compatible?

Reply to
alluvium1

compatible?

Reply to
alluvium1

Many of us wonder. Some of us are very cynical and figure it is just a marketing ploy to force us to buy support or a new update. Some of us figure it must be much harder than it looks from the outside. Users have been bugging them about it for a long time now, so I don't expect to see it change. But I didn't expect to see multi-body parts either.