Wildcat 800 videocard problems

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with my video card that started with SW 2006 64 SP5.0. After working with a couple of assemblies the display freezes, but at the same time I have full control of the software. All the buttons are available, I can save and close, rotate, zoom in and out, I just don't see what I am doing. One way to display the view again is to split the display in two by moving the small vertical or horizontal scroll bars to the middle of the screen. One of the views updates while the other is still frozen. If I try to move the scroll bar back to display only the "healthy" view the software crashes. I am using the latest drivers for that video card with the latest updates from Microsoft for XP 64, so there is nothing I can update. As SW support suggested I turned off the hardware acceleration, which fixed the problem but SW became slow and cumbersome. I guess this is because of the software Open GL acceleration and not the hardware.

I am experiencing the same problems when I use SW 2007 64 SP1.1. Somewhere between 2006 SP4.1 and SP 5.0 the interaction with the video card drivers changed, which was carried over in 2007 as well.

Can anybody with Wildcat 800 tell me if they are having similar problems and if they have solved them? I am interested not only in 64 bit systems but also in 32 bit as well.

Thanks for your time.

Reply to
ldjambazov

I know it's not what you want to hear, but you might want to consider getting another card. 3Dlabs has scaled way back on development of CAD related video products. This probably means the drivers will not be debugged in a timely manner.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Mossberg