2007 SP4.0 Frequent crashes?

Hi folks;

We just upgraded to 2007 two weeks ago, immediately installed SP4.0, and started using it more frequently just this week.

I'm noticing frequent crashes on this particular version; two today for example, both in assembly mode. We were running 2006 SP4.0 prior to this and I can't remember that last time that crashed here.

Anyone else having this problem?

Regards,

-Dave Adams-

Reply to
Dave Adams

Sorry,... it's Friday! 8^)

Anyhow, you'll most likely have to "rename your SolidWorks registry key and reboot" or do a "clean" install to eliminate any other possibilites.

(do a search on the above)

..

Reply to
zxys

oh... if it's not obvious.... (just a few)

.. 8^)

Reply to
zxys

I must say that I am still on 2007 ; sp3.0. However, I very seldom crash. Before loading 2007, I formatted my hard drive and installed XP-Pro, sp2. I made sure I had the latest SW-approved drivers for my video card (nVidia quadro xgl 1100) and all has been going well. I now have a really clean machine that only goes on the internet for updates and has no garbage on it.

In your case, I would suspect your video drivers. SW seems to always be demanding more from this area and they don't always support a vid card in a new release that worked fine in the previous one. At least worth a look.

Good luck.

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

I would say one a day is par for the course. Worse than that are the slowdowns. I cannot explain why it just slows to a crawl from time to time.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

or some SW reinstall music

lol good find Paul :o)

Reply to
neil

SolidWorks 2007 Sp4.0 on my Dell M90 runs well not that many crashes -- still a lot of bugs but not that many crashes.

SolidWorks 2007 Sp4.0 on my AMD X2 is a dog crashes too much to use--- this machine, I think, is in desperate need of a reformat and reinstall, hasn't had one since new.

John Layne

John Layne

First, thanks to everyone who responded.

John: Multiple thanks to you. I updated the drivers for my graphics card (had to do it manually since XP insisted it wasn't necessary) and the problem seems to have gone away after several days of use.

Regards,

-Dave Adams-

Reply to
Dave Adams