adequate hardware for Wildfire

i have a 3 GHz P4 with 512 MB RAM, a 200 GB Parallel ATA drive, Win XP SP2. and an nVidia 5200 graphics card with 128 MB RAM.

i'm wondering if this is enough for pro-e. i notice that the display flickers (sort of) and it takes a while to "come back" during some picks. not exactly locking up. just makes me wonder if i got myself another reason to go spend some more money on computer stuff.

running pro-e wildfire foundation something, 2005 version.

i have a similar machine running solidworks. that one is overclocked @

3.3 GHz with 2 GB RAM and an nVidia 5600 graphics card with 128 MB RAM. it's got the proverbial neck-snapping whip-cracking acceleration. also low-latency ram, 2-2-2-5 settings.

is the 5200 video card on the pro-e system inadequate to the task ? so far no complex geometries, just learning the program.

thanks for the info.

Reply to
wwswimming

You have 2 problems. The graphics card is low-end. The ram is inadequate for Pro/E.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Dude, Pro-E is a ram hog!!! We are running 2GB's of ram, plus I hav a major swap space on the partitioned drive. If you are gettin flickers and delays, increase you ram that should help

Later, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

thanks everybody for the replies.

i had 1.5 GB DDR400 sitting in the back of my truck. into the pro-e machine it went.

Reply to
wwswimming