WildFire Ver.2...

Hi...guys.. What is a different between WildFire-Ver.2-M0050 and WildFire Ver.2- M0100... ? which version is newest.... ?

thx. fb.

Reply to
geforge_f

The higher the M number, the newer the release. M0100 is newer than M050, M110 is the latest, unless M120 has been released in the past week.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Most likely nothing you can tell. Usually the M0x0 number is the "build" M050 means proe wildfire ver2.0 build 50. Using this new rule I am assuming that you mean M0100 which would be 100. M010 would be 10.

10 is before 50 and 100 is after. Now to the differences in builds. Most of the time (99.99%) they are glitch and crash fixes, minor changes that the everyday user will rarly tell. I am on M080 and I havn't had a crash since I went to M080 from M070(knock on wood) so I haven't changed. The next big change won't be untill Wildfire 3.0 and even then it will be minor. The biggest changed happend when it went from 2001 i^2 to wildfire 1.0. After that they have been minor.

On a side note I hope with 3.0 they do something to save their asses. Cause Proe is quickly loosing the race. It iether needs to add a lot more functionality like (Catia, UniGraphix) or lose some and go against Solid Works. I think ProE kills solid works but the learning curve pro has is a big negative. I have used Unix Graphix and it rules proE. ProE is to expensive to compete with Solid Works and it isn't powerfull enough to compete with UG. I would love to here from the rest of the forum lurkers if you think I am wrong or just want to say your opion.

Reply to
shaun

geforge_f, well most of the differences are bug fixes. So supposedl M100 will be a more stable piece of software. However, you know ho it goes fix one bug create another

Now we just got M120 today and there were suppose to be some reall

big bug fixes that were important to us, but one of the main one wasn't fixed at all

Use your PTC account number to access the PTC website and get th

latest build

Hope this helps, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

Gary, I just loaded M120 yesterday and it seems for once that PTC go something working again after they took out the functionality

COOL :D

Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

On another side note. I've just installed M110 from M040, M110 allows you to add a hole from a hole by just moving a grip to the axes of the hole you want it dimensioned from.

Gary Miglionico Brookhaven National Lab

Reply to
Gary Miglionico

Didn't you mean Unigraphics instead of UniGraphix and Unix Graphix? Also, unless Unigraphics is orders of magnitude better than it was at V10.3.5, Pro/E Wildfire 2 can most likely hold its own against UG NX or whatever it's called these days. Personally, I don't care for the sketcher in SolidWorks compared to Pro/E's Intent Manager--or "Intent Mangler" as it is referred to by those who don't 'get it'. The Pro/E learning curve issue is subjective. Some people pick it up very quickly and others struggle severely with it for the duration of their usage of the application. It's the same with a lot of other software applications for certain people. But Pro/E does seem to trip up more than its fair share of users. :-)

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.