downloading wildfire 2.0

Hi all,

we have a maintenance contract, aren't we supposed to be able to download wildfire 2.0 ?

wzzl

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

yah, this is quicker though

wzzl

David Janes wrote:

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet

It HAS been available since Monday. However, you need to first get the ball rolling on the Update page by requesting the license file. Only after you do this does WF2 appear in the list of downloadable software.

Reply to
Pete

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Ah yes...It would be funny. This might be a way to get the CD's to show up quicker :-) Unfortunately (or fortunately) I find myself needing to load Pro/E again for other reasons right about now.

So, it's two CD's now not three? And do you really have to burn CD's if you only plan on installing on one machine? Are you saying the "first kid on the block" syndrome is a waste of time??? Ah - probably.

-meld

David Janes wrote:

Reply to
meld_b

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I never burn the cd's, plop them on the fileserver, unzip & install. Easy wzzl

David Janes wrote:

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet

I swear Wildfire 1 came on 3 CD's... Mechanica was included.. The install randomly wandered between disks. At least it did start with number 1. I think this might involve help, I thought that's what everyone got. I think we're on Silver maintenance.

Let's see we've got Granite, Silver, Gold, Wildfire... Wouldn't it be fun to be in marketing, and make up this stuff?

-meld

David Janes wrote:

Reply to
meld_b

I don't understand the problem......... Wildfire 2 ALSO comes on 3 CDs

- or at least that's what I see on the download page for the Windows version. Linux has one CD and UNIX has 6.

The PreProduction Wildfire 2 came on 2 CDs.

Regards

Reply to
Pete

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Apparently you need to reinstall the license server, and PTC have told me that my old license pack won't work. Did anyone else find this?

Reply to
angryman