Wildfire 2.0 production when?

Anyone have an update? Is it shipping yet? Late March is ancient history now.

I see that this has UNDO!! Oooooo what will the industry do with THAT. Ok, so there are a few with this but not the big guys right?

I'm itching to try out some of these Mechanica upgrades too...

-Dan

Reply to
meld_b

Front page news on PTC's website: WF2 Released!

Reply to
David Janes

Wildfire 2 Production (F000) is slated to release - tomorrow, April

  1. There was a 1 month delay from the March 19 date. I just had this confirmed by a source at PTC on Thursday.

The 19th is the RTM (Release to Manufacture) date, i.e. the CD's start getting burned. It should appear on the website for download by mid-week, and figure another week or so before you can order CD's manually. I don't know what PTC's policy is regarding shipping CDs unannounced to maintenance-paying customers. Additionally, the Intralink-compatible release is already available for download - 3.3 M021. I updated our Intralink production server on Friday, and it went smoothly.

Of course, everyone's going to immediately install it and start using it for production, right?

Regards Peter Brown

Reply to
Pete

Thanks guys - when I wrote this I hadn't noticed the website. Just a side note: Seems like the announcement of the production version shipping would get a little higher billing than the everyday headlines.. ho-hum brand new release... Got to wake this company UP. OK a few clicks away there's a little excitment...

My local guy guessed that the CD's would take a "week or two" And confirmed that I could download the code now. I think he said the "manual ftp" was a better bet.

Yes actually... I do feel very fortunate that I d> Wildfire 2 Production (F000) is slated to release - tomorrow, April

Reply to
meld_b

Yeah, I don't have any psychological barriers to going over either - mine us purely practical. We use Division Productview to automate all of our printing (we create PDF files overnight) and, as usual, it will probably be Aug-Sept before they have a Wildfire 2.0 adapter for the publisher. Since 2.0 files will not open in Wildfire 1, any file saved in 2.0 will not publish - which is unacceptable.

I am surprised that they got the correct release of Intralink (M021) out before the production Pro/ENGINEER version. That is usually another roadblock to early implementation.

Regards

Reply to
Pete

Wildfire 2.0 Production (F000) is up on the PTC website. At

you need to first select the 'Request' link to initiate the license code generation.

Regards

Reply to
Pete