Taking the Wildfire 3 plunge - how's the water?

It's about that time to start wondering if those WF3 CDs are really ready for production use. Our testing is just beginning.

I see that the shipped copy is build F000, and there is mention of a maintenance release M010 but it isn't yet available. Both builds seem free of big bugs according to the Update Advisor, but I'm not sure I trust its completeness yet.

FWIW, We work with basic Pro/E and Mechanica, and do not use Intralink or Windchill.

Any feedback on Wildfire3 stability and function is greatly appreciated.

Dave

Reply to
dgeesaman

Hey, Dave, when you find out, let us know. So far, it's just a nondescript, incremental version over WF & WF2: you know, just another number in a series. If you started from 2001, it could seem like a big deal, if you started from WF1 or

2, hard to tell the difference. Stability? They were all pretty good and getting better. Now that PTC's figured out that Quality Control (QC) really means Quit Crashing.
Reply to
David Janes

Well we've had it installed for about a week and are flipping the switch today. So far nobody has identified any issues (knock on desk).

Keep in mind we use only Pro/E and Mechanica. Installs with Intralink or WalletChill will see a higher incidence of issues.

Dave

Reply to
dgeesaman

M010 is now available for download..............

snipped-for-privacy@yahooooooo.com wrote:

Reply to
peterbrown77