Wildfire 2

Dear All,

We are looking at "possibly" moving from Wildfire to Wildfire 2.

We usaully wait at least 9 months before up grading to let the initail issues to be addressed by PTC.

How are people finding Wildfire 2?

Have most of the "first release" glitches been addressed?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Reply to
Andy Millar

However, not many rough spots have been reported by WF users migrating to WF2. It's been almost a nonissue, pretty dull indeed. The builds are up to about M200, lots of stuff is getting fixed, so it wasn't perfect out of the gate. But, it seems that the bugs have taken a back seat to the new interface and functionality. From what I've seen here and in the Pro/USER "Exploder", Pro/e bugs and stability issues take a far back seat to data management issues with Pro/I. That's where the bugs are showing up, that's where the inexperience is, that's where the configuration issues show up starkly. So, if you are using Pro/e on a standalone workstation or you are really on top of Intralink, the transition from WF to WF2 should be no more than a minor 'what's new' morning session for users.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

David,

Thanks a lot for answering some of my concerns.

Currently as we are only a small team of designers, all working closely, and we have stopped using Intralink.

So with what you have passed on, it gives me some comfort factor that maybe the Wildfire 2 release has been an improvement on previously rushed to market upgrades.

Thanks again,

Reply to
Andy Millar