Hats off to David Janes

Dude, just wanted to thank you for all your replies. You must spend a lot of time replying to these requests and I just wanted to say thanks from the ProE community for your efforts.

Reply to
GS

I agree! - David has certainly been a great asset to this newsgroup!!

-meld

GS wrote:

Reply to
meld_b

I wholeheartedly agree.

Reply to
John Wade

Me too!!!!!

Reply to
Shankar Venkateswaran

No doubt about it. Keep it up, David!

Reply to
Alex Sh.

: > >

: > > > GS wrote: : > > > > Dude, just wanted to thank you for all your replies. You must spend : a : > > lot of : > > > > time replying to these requests and I just wanted to say thanks from : the : > > > > ProE community for your efforts. : > > > >

I bow to you all. You must be the group that I haven't offended and alienated (or maybe just offended but not alienated ;-]). Seems like the mood has lightened considerably since the tense transition days of Wildfire's introduction. The death watch seems to be over

I always like the spinning shaded models in Pro/e, the parametrics, the foundation in math/geometry, the algebraic relations, being able to change a dimension on a drawing and having the model update because it was all associative. But, the thing I've always liked the most, even more than the technology, is the learning/helping user community. I took a lot of classes starting out, where students helping students was a big deal ~ evening classes, we're all adults here, eager learners who were there because they wanted to be ~ no one so smart that they couldn't ask for help and no so dumb that they couldn't give it. My first Pro/e teacher was Ken Raczac, the president of the Chicago Pro/e User's Group. He was a high-energy, enthusiastic teacher and could find his way out of any box and knew how Pro/e 'thought'. I've had some good Pro/e teachers and what I'm doing here is passing some of it along and just being a member of a learning/teaching community.

As to who is helping whom, you're probably helping me more than I you. No, really, since I moved to San Diego, California, USA, I've been unable to obtain employment using this software. When you guys have asked a question and I couldn't find the answer 'off the top of my head', I've had to fire up the software and do something with it to see if I could verify a problem and find a solution, or at times, even just to understand the question/problem being posed. I check comp.cad.pro-engineer before going to work as a model maker. (I went back to an old trade, making other people's designs, something at which I am quite competent, but which does not give me nearly the satisfaction as making my own designs.) Your challenges, however, keep me connected to the design world. My sincere thanks to you for letting me help.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes