BB and David; Thank You!

Nice to find a friendly (and active) group.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Fitz-Gerald

Just wait and watch... soon (about, say, noon tomorrow) the term "overactive" will float to the top of your mind for some reason ;)

Reply to
Chuck Stewart

welcome Kevin!

don't let anybody scare you off, d0od :)

I know when I first came on board I was a little bit intimidated, but after being here awhile, I took a break to focus on another forum, and consider rmr to be a breath of fresh air! Despite the ferocity of the debate at times, there is alot of earnestness here, and alot of really sharp people.

the vast majority of rmr'ers are silent lurkers, jumping in just to answer a question or make a a remark every few weeks. And alot of the political content has gone through several iterations as you will see if you do some searching in the

archive, but the beautiful thing about it is that fresh minds come to scrutinize old material and often we see more objectivity now than they had at the time of the original post. The result is that we are spiraling in towards the truth, and I don't know anywhere else that is happening!

of course any rocket questions can be impressively met by the chorus. Despite our difference in politics, these are just a few of the guys that have made real contributions to the hobby

John DeMar, in launch pad controller design, and his excellent NAR R&D Reports to name some

George Gassaway's work with unconventional rockets, including helicopter recovery, space shuttle models and other gliders
Ray Dunakin, who is distinguished himself in the area of aerial photography, using cameras lofted in rockets
an interview with Ray at Shutterbug Magazine Radio Show on WSRadio.com
I mentioned these gentlemen as you'll usually find us on opposite sides of the political debate. But that doesn't diminish my respect for them as individuals, my appreciation of their achievements, and my benefit from their contributions.

so just jump in, Kevin! The waters hot!, errr .. warm! ;)

- iz

Kev> Nice to find a friendly (and active) group.

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

That is a well made point.

I agree!

Is agreement on-topic for rmr?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Of course, some spots the water is a little warmer than the rest of the pool. :)

"Welcome to our ool..."

Reply to
RayDunakin

And alot of the

RMR is very much like Alice's Resturant. Most of us are just waiting on the song to come back around. ; )

Randy

P.S. If you're under 45 you probably won't get that one.

Reply to
Randy

39 and got it. ..... of course, I'm not normal

Welcome, Kevin. This here's real entertainment and education all rolled into one if you don't take things personally. If you have a thin skin, you're gonna hate it here.

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

And all threads go off topic within ten posts.

So I'll just start ranting about the weather now......

+McG+
Reply to
Kenneth C. McGoffin

Except the one about military service. I guess some subjects are even serious to rmr posters! Shocking.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well, let's scroll back up there and derail that train!

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

Exceptin' Alice :-)

John