Thank you!

I did bend some tungsten the old fashoned way- I lit off, formed a good puddle on a stout chunk of scrap, then used my Leatherman to put a slight bend in the red-hot tungsten. It worked like a charm! I was able to keep gas coverage while having my arc come out at about a 30 degree down angle from a horizontal torch.

This worked like a charm! I was able to do good looking flat fillets with a horizontal torch angle.

Thanks to all those who gave me input.

Reply to
TinLizziedl

Just don't say anything to the inspector, and don't share it outside the inner circle. I would have never EVER thought about intententionally bending a tungsten electrode.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

TinLizziedl wrote in sci.engr.joining.welding on Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:35:23 -0700:

I'm glad it worked out for you. And thanks for letting us know. I may need to try it on some exhaust tubing I'm modifying.

Reply to
dan