Easiest/cheapest way/tool to bend small steel flat bar?

I would like to neatly bend some 7/8 inch wide 1/8 inch thick steel flat bar.
The bend point need not be a precise location, the ends can be cut
reasonably accurate, reasonably small as possible radius. Of course strength is important.
Best or cheapest way to put a small radius bend in 7/8 inch wide 1/8 inch thick steel flat bar? I would rather not by a tool, but whatever.
Will this or anything cheaper do...
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71m%2ByID9oiL._SL1500_.jpg
I will look for something smaller. Don't need to bend 4 inch wide 1/4 inch thick steel.
On 22/04/2019 21:23, John Doe wrote:

It would help to know what equipment you have and what you consider as a small radius and the quantity required. For me I would assume you have a bench vice and that would be a first choice if you have nothing better, I do. Maybe fit some aluminium angle to clamp the material to act as soft jaws and then place a steel block against the strip and hammer with a suitable hammer such as maybe a 2lbs lump hammer, should be an easy job.

The truly funny part for this troll is that the image he gave is clearly a Chinese import.

I damaged more stuff as a kid trying that hammer/vise route.
--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.
On 4/23/2019 7:21 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

it's a wonder my two brothers and I made it to adulthood . Not unscathed , but we all made it .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

No, unfortunately. Dad was Air Force, which frowned on that kind of noise/hazard in Base Housing. After retirement, he was too busy with other stuff. We didn't even have a compressor. I managed to blow up a Clorox bottle full of gas from the calcium carbide and water, though. It was flaming nicely when I let go. That li'l flame just sucked right back in that teeny hole and showed me what hydrogen does when it's compressed and on fire. Mom came running into my room ready to shovel my remaining parts into the car to take me to the hospital, but I lay there on my back LMAO, unharmed but for the ringing ears. I'm sure I would have played with acetylene the same way if we'd had an O/A rig. ;) That was my first teen year, 13.
--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full
description of a happy state in this world.

The best way to handle trolls is to totally ignore them. They _hate_ that.
- It will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins. --Benjamin Franklin
On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 22:07:00 -0700, Larry Jaques

That was acetylene!

Acetylene? Bbbut, my 52 year old memory said... OK, you're right. Thanks for the catch.
--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.
On Fri, 03 May 2019 15:25:51 -0700, Larry Jaques

Back in the late '50s a welding shop I frequented used an acetylene generator that had provided lighting for one of the local churches before electricity was available.
I've luck in the past with just heating where I want the bend with a MAP gas torch and carefully bending it in a bench vice. You'll want to be pretty quick about it once it's in the vice because the vice will sink the heat from the bar. You can also carefully use a medium sized ball peen hammer and gently persuade the bar into the bend you want on the little "anvil" on the back of the vice.

On Tue, 28 May 2019 06:42:34 -0000 (UTC), John Doe

Your 6061 probably is in a hard temper. You can temporarily anneal it with heat. Someone here probably can tell you the temperature; if you don't get an answer, I'll look it up in my books.
It won't last long; heat and bend. 6061 age-hardens, and it will return to something like T3 in a couple of weeks. It gets harder just sitting there until it reaches the "natural" age-hardening value. It's in the mid-range of hardness/strength for aluminum grades. Harder usually is more brittle.
--
Ed Huntress

On Thu, 30 May 2019 11:55:06 -0400, Ed Huntress

Your problem is your 6061 is t6 hardness.Anneat it and you can bend it to a right angle at a radius of about 1/16"

Anneal it and you have no problem.

http://www.cumberlandmetals.com/aluminum/minimum-bend-radii/
http://www.americanmachinetools.com/bend_radius.htm