Need help on working out effort/foot-pounds etc.

I shou;d have asked this question before I made my bending die's, but never mind done now.

Does anyone know what the effort would be to bend through 90 degrees some

1 inch erw tube in 10's gauge. approx 3 mm thick.

The bend radius is 3 inch and I have just managed to bend a piece of tube about 15 degrees and have bent a 7/8" solid mild steel bar I am using as the handle at the same time.

If anyone knows of any software or calcs that could work this type of puzzle out it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Hodgson