ME articles

I'm doing some minor refurbishment on my trusty Kerry since it seems worth it. Anyhow Tim Leech has cornered the market for CVA's and that's the only lathe I'd bother to buy to as a replacement. Reading an article in MEW issue 32 about lathe inspection it references two ME articles that look interesting. The first is "Renovating a lathe bed" - FJ Langfield No 3649 1981 The second "Restoring an old lathe" C L Barker No 3812 1987

Would anyone be so kind as to dig these articles out and scan them for me? If they can I'll be happy to post them on the internet for a week or so for everyone to have a look.

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Not me, guv ;-) There was one on ebay recently, well equipped & quite possibly in better order than either of mine. It was three times the price, though

I might have them, will check in the morning.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

How long is the bed on a Kerry ? Can it be stripped and thrown on a Lumsden grinder ? Our local guy can get a Bridgy bed on his - just. Can only do the top face but he only charges £30 top whack.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Found and bookmarked. Will be on the web-site tomorrow... Probably:-

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Thanks Mark

John

It's a 24" between centres lathe so the total length of the working length of the bed must be about 30". The lathe footprint is about the same as a CVA. However since the bed is normal inverted vee pattern a regrind would need to be a full and complex job. Wouldn't a simple single face grind cause more troubles than it solved?

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping