ME articles

I'm doing some minor refurbishment on my trusty Kerry since it seems
worth it. Anyhow Tim Leech has cornered the market for CVA's and
that's the only lathe I'd bother to buy to as a replacement.
Reading an article in MEW issue 32 about lathe inspection it
references two ME articles that look interesting.
The first is "Renovating a lathe bed" - FJ Langfield No 3649 1981
The second "Restoring an old lathe" C L Barker No 3812 1987
Would anyone be so kind as to dig these articles out and scan them for
me?
If they can I'll be happy to post them on the internet for a week or
so for everyone to have a look.
Thanks
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping
Not me, guv ;-) There was one on ebay recently, well equipped & quite possibly in better order than either of mine. It was three times the price, though
I might have them, will check in the morning.
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech
How long is the bed on a Kerry ? Can it be stripped and thrown on a Lumsden grinder ? Our local guy can get a Bridgy bed on his - just. Can only do the top face but he only charges £30 top whack.
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
Found and bookmarked. Will be on the web-site tomorrow... Probably:-

Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
Thanks Mark
John
It's a 24" between centres lathe so the total length of the working length of the bed must be about 30". The lathe footprint is about the same as a CVA. However since the bed is normal inverted vee pattern a regrind would need to be a full and complex job. Wouldn't a simple single face grind cause more troubles than it solved?
Regards
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping