Grizzly G4011 30" Sheet Metal Machine

/Hello, I just Picked up a Grizzly G4011 3in 1 Brake Shear Roll machine. When I got it home, I tried to rotate the crank and the right "leading" side of the cutter blade would bottom out against the right side frame. It is supposed to clear to rotate completely to roll metal of different lengths. The cutter bar bolts to each side arm so there is no adjustment to raise shear blade. The side arms have an eccentric "cam" piece that gives the machine the stroke action. The eccentric pieces on each side arm have brass bushing that could wear out but these seam ok. They attach to the lower roller which drives the rollers for the rolling process. The right side of the shear blade mounts lower than the left so it will start the cut and work towards the left side of the work piece. I cannot figure out why the right side of the blade bottoms out against the support frame just enough to keep it from rotating. I remove the shear blade and it rotates fine. I call Grizzly to see if they had 2 different blades sizes but he said not to his knowledge. The only thing I can do is notch the side frame a little to let the blade clear as it comes down. But I was wondering if anyone has experienced this . I ordered 2 new brass bushings for the side arms but after inspecting of the existing ones, there is no play. They do attach to the lower roller and the roller has bushings. There is a little play which may be what's going on. I ordered new bushings for the rollers as well. Any info or advice would be appreciated./

Reply to
eacars

On my 30" 3-in-1 similar to that one, I haven't had any problems rotating the handle continuously when making cylinders. I have had the problems that Jim Wilkins mentioned, where shear adjustments are finicky and thick material doesn't cut well. I mostly use my 3-in-1 for bending pans and trays after cutting out the metal with a shear like which can cut nice straight lines quickly.

Maybe there was a manufacturing error on your shear blade and it's slightly too long. I think it would be a mistake to notch the side frame; that might allow a crack to start. Instead grind the end of the cutter blade and make it a bit shorter.

Reply to
James Waldby

You have to unhook the blade when using the slip roll. Remove the two bolts that connect the arms to the blade/die and pop the bushings out of the blade so that the arms are free. Then the handle will swing a full 360.

Paul K. Dickman

"eacars" <0f8503901d844703eea1acecb7a4938a snipped-for-privacy@example.com wrote in message news:K2NvE.231403$ snipped-for-privacy@fx05.am...

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman