Hardware Question

Hi Group,
I am thinking of purchasing a Dell computer to be used mostly for SolidWorks 2005. I know this is very broad question but is anyone using
a Dell system, what model and configuration, and degree of success?
Thanks in advance,
Brian
We have Dell Precision 330 P3 1.2 ghz Nvidia 2.0 Pro graphics 64mb XP Pro SP1.0 512mb RAM not sure what type
I run it hard and even though it is about 3 years outdated. (they are outdated out of the box aren't they) it runs like a champ the on site service was wonderful my nvidia started to whine one of the fans was starting to go and Dell was here the same day I don't know exactly how fast but I was impressed, the guy swapped out the card no Qusetions asked and I was up and running. Anyway I am happy with Dell the only drawback with dell is you are limited as to what components you can order because they only deal with Pentium and whoever else they are in bed with but as far as I can tell all their mistresses are good quality girls.
Corey

I meant to mention that I would prefer to have more than a gig of ram with SW the OS, Outlook, and IE running all the time 512 leaves something to be desired. Get as much ram as you can.

Our most recent ones here are:
Dell 360 3 GHz Pentium 4 2 GB RAM 30GB SCSI drive ATI FireGL X2 AGP Pro
We ordered the machines with nVidia FX500 cards, and I ran that until the FireGL cards came in. I was a bit surprised - it wasn't bad, especially for the price.
Overall, I am quite pleased with the machine. I was given the opportunity to have some input into the specs, but was told we were going to buy Dell, therefore no AMD. Oh well, this is a good machine - no real complaints.
WT

One Dell Precision 530 2x2,8Ghz xeon and 2gig ram....nvidia quadro4 900XGL (128Mb) and one Dell M60 PentiumM 1,7 GHZ...2Gig ram ...nvidia quadro FX Go700 (128Mb)....also 2Gig ram Both machines running daily without any problems.... pretty large assys +7000 components and quite heavy photorenderings
Krister L

Thanks Group, Helps to know what some people are using - I hear different stories about what works and what doesn't.