Shaded cosmetic thread flakiness?

Anyone noticing any instabilitiy with the shaded cosmetic thread appearing and disappearing. Or noticing their models getting a VERY LARGE scale texture of the thread texture on the faces of their models? Bob Zee mentioned this one. I have not applied any textures to any faces. When I go through the hiearchy of the colors and textures, there arent any textures applied, but on the screen there is! With the cosmetic thread issue, I can add a tapped hole, or add external threads to a rod, and when finished they look normal, but do a rebuild and they change to all black. Like I have changed the color of the face, which I havent! If I RMB on annotations and go to Details, the "Shaded Cosmetic Threads" box is checked. If I uncheck it, the faces go white, then if I go back into the Annotations details box, and check the "Shaded Cosmetic Threads" box to turn it on, the threads reappear, but now do a rebuild or Ctrl-Q and the faces go back to being black.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated, or if you are having the same problem it would be nice to know im not alone!

mrcswp

Reply to
mrcswp

Forgot to add system info... Here are the vitals......

WinXp sp2.0 Swx 2005 sp 2.0 Dell Precision 360 Quadro FX500 128 Mb (latest approved driver) P4 @ 2.99 GHz with 2 Gb RAM

Reply to
mrcswp

Yup, seeing all kinds of crazy stuff going on with cosmetic threads. I'm just adding it to the long list of bugs they don't seem able to fix. It's so bad, I'm thinking about not using them anymore in my parts.

It's not just the shaded part bitmaps images that are having problem, I'm having a hard time getting the cosmetic representation to terminate properly on shafts with thread relief's and shoulders cut into them in drawings.

Reply to
McBurger

Simple answer is yes.. Didn't see this in 2004.. one step forward two backk..

jb.

Reply to
jb

Ok, Im thinking it might be video card issues. I have a weldment, and the model color is yellow. In an assembly, I have a safety mat with diamond tread texture on the top of it, (eye candy for sales dept.). When I insert the weldment into the asssembly, the weldment goes from yellow to being diamond plate. As I mouse over the faces of the model, it will flash back and forth between the yellow model color and diamond plate texture. What the heck is going on! I insert the weldment again, so that I have two in the assembly. The second inserted weldment is perfectly normal!! I am currently waiting on our IT guy to get our Admin Image set up, in order to go to sp 3.0. Not sure if it will help or not, but I have heard it is supposed to fix the texture issues. We will see.

mrcswp

Reply to
mrcswp

Running Sp3 here.. Didn't help the cosmetic thread issue. We're looking at video cards here but I don't think it's going to help. A friend at another company is seeing the same running different hardware all together.

jb..

Reply to
jb