large dia cosmetic thread with annotations

I tried to put in a thread over 1 inch on a round bar stock model. The annotations dialogue box would only permit me to put in cosmetic threads between 0 and 1". How can I put a larger cosmetic external thread on the model? I looked through the old questions already. Any help is greatly appreciated. Running SW 2005.

Reply to
billyb

Sorry billyb, I have to ask the obvious, "Is the bar stock 1" in diameter?" If it is, then it is impossible (physically) to put a thread larger than the stock itself. BTW, I have never heard of anyone having this problem. Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

Yes the stock is 1 inch dia. , I guess what I'm asking is after I pick the od, am I tell the computer the root diameter of the thread? I think this is what its asking.

Eddie wrote:

Reply to
billyb

I thought threads were defined by the major diameter, not the minor (or root) diameter.

Jerry Steiger

male or female thread?

Reply to
matt