nVidia FX560 Setup

Hello All,

I like to get some input on the setup of a FX560. I am running XPP SP2, Intel E6600 w/ 2 MB Ram. The SW site shows the latest approved driver as 6.14.10.8426 for this graphics card. The nVidia site shows the latest as 91.36. Does the SW driver refer only to the open GL driver that can be installed separately or do all the nVidia drivers need to be installed as package? Next, what are the optimal settings for SW such as antialiasing, anisotropic filtering etc ? I have the active profile set to Solidworks, but I am not sure this is optimized. Lastly, should I disable nView Desktop Manager features to improve stability? I am get some random changes in the resolution and refresh rates on bootup from time to time.

TIA

Reply to
thedge000

I can't help much on the rest of your questions, but I can tell you that other people in my company have had trouble with nView Desktop Manager and have suggested that we shut it off. One of the other SolidWorks users did stop using it and did see a decrease in problems. This came up about the same time that people in comp.cad.solidworks suggested that some problems could be traced to running two monitors, so he also tried just running one monitor and had less problems, so the two effects could be getting mixed in what he reported to me.

Jerry Steiger

support SLI >

Reply to
skymonkey_14