Problem with graphics using MS Optical Trackball

I have been having a lot of problems with Solidworks since I installed a Microsoft Optical Trackball. I am presently using SW2007 sp3.1. I downloaded the latest driver for my video card Quadro FX 1400, and used the latest Microsoft Mouse driver for the trackball. My VAR does not understand what the problem is. It happens when I work on parts, assemblies, and drawings.

My screen goes either black or white if I am modeling parts or the drawing just blows up if I am working on a drawing. Has anyone else seen this problem.

I really like the MS Trackball, but this is getting ridiculous. I have used this same Trackball previously on different computers and never saw crashes like this.

Rich

Reply to
Rich D

bob z. has been using the micro$oft trackball explorer for quite a few years. he has never seen any errors that could be traced directly to this pointing device. have you tried an older driver? have you looked for a new driver? bob z. is pretty sure the micro$oft mouse driver is 'generic' in that one driver will work for all of the micro $oft pointing devices. you might try uninstalling the current mouse driver and letting the built-in windows driver run for a little while. you'll probably lose some features, but it might prove out the driver conflict issue.

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee

I have seen this issue mentioned on the sw site. they mention that to use the latest NVIDIA driver or if that does not work, then use windows own mouse driver.

So Bob, you are spot on!

Reply to
pete