Graphics problem with multiple open windows

Hello.

When I have Assemblies or Parts open in two or more windows, I cannot spin shaded models, i.e. the model disappears once the component or assembly is rotated until the motion stops then the shaded model re-appears.

I would like someone to tell me that I can set an option in config.pro but I have a feeling that this may have something to do with my graphics card, and the fact that it is not a workstation type.

I'm running proE 2001 on Windows 2000. My graphics card is gaming card Geforce FX5600 128mb DDR. Any help appreciated.

Martin.

Reply to
Martin

Maybe try setting the config option GRAPHICS to WIN32_GDI. It should solve one problem and create 1-2 others. That will prove it's a card/driver problem, just about a given with a Geforce FX card. Couple of possibilities: soft-quadro this card (anyone ever seen a list of the cards that can be softquadroed?) or spend a decent amount of money, a sum worthy of a powerful, professional, topoftheline, feature based, parametric, solid modelling design/detailing/analysis package. My rule of thumb is that you'll not go amiss to allocate 30% to 50% of the cost price of your workstation to the graphics card. In Pro/e, nothing matters more for speed, scalability (more windows) and reliability (doesn't crash 3 times a day) than the graphics card. And nothing will give you more grief than a shit one.

Reply to
David Janes