Graphics problem

I need some expert help.

I'm running SWX2004 SP0 in a windows XP Pro with 512Gb Ram. My video card is 128MB DDr NVidia GeForce FX 5200.

Sometimes, when I try to open an existing part, all I get is my background screen without anything else. When I move the mouse over where the part is, all I get is the outline of the part, not the whole part, only the outline of each edge. As I move the mouse back and force, these outline lines keep "highlighting" and then dissapear.

Is there a setting problem, or the graphics card?

Thank you for your help

Reply to
I did it

Does this go away when you go to Tools > Options > Performance and check "Use software Open GL?" (This selection has to be made without a SW part or asby loaded).

If so, you may be having nvidia driver troubles. I had to go back to a much older driver version to make my much older nvidia card (TNT2) work with the hardward openGL.

Nvidia has archives of older drivers.

Dave G.

Reply to
Dave G

I know this may sound obvious, but I have seen it before...

Check to make sure the part isnt set to fully transparent. If the part shows up in wireframe or shaded with edges, it may be this. Check under tools, options, document properties, colors, click on "shading" then click "advanced" to the right. Check the transparency slider.

Todd

Reply to
Todd

I have found a fix (by accident) for this that has worked on two computers so far. A macro that opens and closes the feature manager fixes this. I thought that the macro caused the problem on my computer until a new person started last week and had this problem. I installed the macro on their machine and opened and closed the feature manager with it. The part showed up. I believe I found the macro on Matt's site. If you don't find it there e mail me and I will send it to you.

GP

Reply to
Greg

Are you saying that running the macro permanently fixed the problem, or at least for that moment made the part appear? Lee Bell & I wrote one that does that (as part of a whole set of numeric keypad macros - quite handy) but I don't remember it doing anything special in terms of fixing something. I would be very interested in looking at the one you are talking about.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I have recently run into this same problem with my GeForce4 TI4600. I also accidentally ran into a temporary fix for this.

If you tile your windows (horizontal or vertical) and then re-maximize them, everything will be ok. However, if your do a lot of ctrl-tab'ing through multiple parts, the problem will re-occur.

Also, if you uncheck System Options>General>Maximize document on open, the problem will not occur when you open the document. Here again, if you ctrl-tab through multiple parts, the problem will re-occur.

Have not found a permanent fix to this problem yet though.

Reply to
Seth Renigar