Model is there but the image isn't

Hi all, I'm running SW2004 SP3 and come across some weird problems. I had an assembly that was created in SW2004 SP0 and then loaded it into SP3. All of the assemby is there but when I went to open one of the parts for editing, the part opens in a new window but the part isn't displayed at all. If I run the mouse over the graphics area, the components of the part, sketches, extrudes, cuts etc show in outline as the mouse is over them, but as I move away from the component, the highlighting/outline disappears and hence no part outline.

I thought I had managed to stuff up something in my model, but I downloaded some models from Paul Salvador's site and upon first loading them up, the same thing happened, no image but if I move the mouse over the graphics area, I get outlines. Normally, in day to day operation, I get what I expect, images, but occasionally I get nothing, just outlines. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going wrong here?

Regards, David

Reply to
David Hampson

He may have used some software to decrease file size, at the expense of not having an image when opening.

Try this... open each file and press CTRL-Q to see if the image comes back. Be sure and save if it does.

Also, I've noticed that the newer NVIDIA drivers have a problem in that the images don't show up.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Try to rmb the part in the feature manager and take reload.....that usually helps

Krister L

"David Hampson" skrev i meddelandet news:408012d8$0$25655$ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au...

Reply to
Krister L

I have run into this also. It seemed to have to do with Incontext or something I don't really recall. Any way Ctrl-Q always fixed the problem.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

David,

Yeah, as Mike said, it's because the file was compressed using EcoSqueese and I remove the display list and sometimes the parasolid data. Although SW2004 sp3, seems to resolve better than past versions, if you see that problem, you'll have to ctrl-q or resolve. SW Corp does a few cheat's and someday they will fix their cheat format.

BTW, on a somewhat related issue, if anyone is seeing problems with models disappearing while editing,.. this is something that is definitely happening and I can find no way to replicate this.

(Windows 2000 pro sp4, P4 3.0ghz, FX500 (driver 53.03))

..

David Hamps>

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Paul Salvador wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net:

Paul, When I loaded the model everything was suppressed. I have unsuppressed aand done the Cntl Q and everything is fine.

Thanks David

[SNIP]
Reply to
David Hampson