OLE path extraction

Hi, New here.. Looking extract the path from any OLE linked objects in .drw mode I can get data and settings but no path as a string. Any ideas?

Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric

A cursory examination seems to indicate that it isn't possible. I even looked at the COleItem description at MSDN but didn't see any obvious stuff there either.

Reply to
Jim Sculley

Sounds like you're already looking at the IStream data. I did a quick and dirty under sw03, dropping a bitmap into a drawing. I peeked in the IStream data and saw pretty much the same, just data.

But if i chose to *link* an OLE object, the path did show up ... which, I guess, makes sense.

Reply to
rocheey