SW Task Scheduler messes up SW Settings

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone run into this problem?

Everytime I run SolidWorks Task Scheduler it changes all kinds of settings in SolidWorks, like toolbars, PDMWorks Directory settings, Font Colors, Units of Measure, and other random things.

Luckily I had used the Copy Settings Wizard, and could restore them. But I can't even imagine how this is happening.

Also, does anyone know how to change dimension and note text color? One of the things the Task Scheduler changed was these things to a red color. But when I go into System Options, all those fonts are shown as black. I'm at a loss.

Thanks, Daniel

Reply to
Daniel

Don't know about the setting overwrite. If it is changing reg settings then it is likely it creates a backup, runs sw, then restores them. Perhaps the restoration is going bad. Do you have some anti-badware software running that it might be getting caught up on?

For notes: tools -> options -> system options tab -> colors -> text ->

edit butt> Hi Everyone,

Reply to
Mr. Who

I do have an anti-spyware/ anti-virus software running, so I guess that is possible that it is blocking it.

As for the colors, I already have those options set to Black (the default). But for some reason Solidworks keeps making the Dimensions Red. And I can't see any way to force it to Black again. Even though that is what's selected. Very strange.

Daniel

Mr. Who wrote:

Reply to
Daniel

Yes, I have seen this too.

SW07 sp2.0

I ran the Update Properties, but canceled out of it. When I opened SW again, my background colors settings, and several others, possibly everything, was set back to defaults.

Do you have more info on this?

Reply to
mjlombard

No, I don't. And I can't report it either because the customer portal isn't working for me! So if you can, report it.

Sorry I couldn't offer more help,

Daniel

snipped-for-privacy@veriz> Yes, I have seen this too.

Reply to
Daniel

Did you kill the process before it was finished?

Did you have to start the swBOEngine.exe manually or does it start automatically?

Had you previously tried to run the task without the swBOEngine.exe running?

Had you disabled the swBOEngine.exe as a startup process?

I had done all of these things. I'm just trying to see if it is repeatable without doing violence to my system a second time.

Reply to
mjlombard

I never canceled the process. I ran it normally everytime. Actually I haven't used task scheduler in over a month. Sorry I'm not more help, I just haven't had time to work on it.

Regards, Daniel

snipped-for-privacy@veriz> Did you kill the process before it was finished?

Reply to
Daniel

This isn't unique to SW2007, or task scheduler. I have this happen often (3-4 times a week). I have no idea why it happens. Could be due to a crash (SW ctd's several times a day at best (worst??)). SW2006 Sp

4.1.

Daniel wrote:

Reply to
ed_1001