Toolbar icons blacked out

My main machine died this morning, and I had to reload sw2006sp5 on a backup machine. Some of the toolbar icons are blacked out now, seemingly at random, about
20% of them. The mouse prompt thing still works on the icons. I had this same version of swx on this machine not too long ago, and it was fine then, but the video driver may have been different. Quadro XGL900 now driver 7.7.5.6 which is the recommendation by swx. I'm not totally sure this driver was used before. Any ideas how to fix?
Thanks, Bill
The problem went away by itself and I can't pin down how it happened.
Is it a good idea to stick with the video driver shown on the approved list on the swx site?
Bill

I think you will find 67.22 was a good driver for that card. I had a 750XGL and it seemed to work best with that one. There is a driver cleaner available at guru3d called Driver Cleaner Pro that has worked ok for me in the past. You may have some mixed/stray nvidia files...HTH I guess it cleared after a reboot? Realview is ok?