JOKE WORKS 2004

WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE CALLED THIS RELEASE. DONT, DONT, DONT, DONT INSTALL IT. DONT DO IT. THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY. IT IS A TIME BOM THAT HAS EXPLODED ON ME. DONT LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU. ONE MORE TIME JUST INCASE.

DONT

Reply to
Bill

Already did. SP2.1 and liking it.

Reply to
SWuser

Don't have any problems with SW here - SP2.1

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott
3 seats running smooth as glass with 2.1.

Dave H

Bill wrote:

Reply to
Dave H

Thats funny, 2.1 is a real hun! You must not of turned off all the related virus protection program issues and I mean all aspects. You must also eliminate Volo View. If you didnt I will suggest you do a complete uninstall of all previous Solidworks versions including 2004 and this includes cleaning out all related registry files. You must purge it all and then reinstall 2004 and then SP2.1. It takes about 3 to 4 hrs to do all this.

Reply to
Randy Story

Tried it, but didnt inhale until SP2.1

Also, part of your problem may be hardware related: it seems your defective keyboard has the Caps key stuck, and the "B" key is not repeating.

Reply to
rocheey

I have not heard about Volo View. What is the problem there?

Reply to
CSWP

simply start fresh. You've irreversably damaged your present hardrive. Good Luck!

Reply to
Dennis

Installed 2004 this week on all seats seems to run a lot smoother on the older machines that we were struggling with on 2003!

Have had a couple of problems though!!!!

have a part which is a simple box section with an angled cut on one end.

Came to do the drawing, inserted a vertical break and it wouldnt let me dimension the angled cut on the end. Work around is to insert the dimension before the break, VAR is sorting the problem though.

The other occurred this morning, opened a large assembly of a chassis that i did and mate errors everywhere! this assembly was fine last week in 2003!

will have to open the backup in 2003 (left on one machine) and compare the two models! Cest la Vie!!

Notice the way mates are inserted is a little different, not a problem just need to reprogram the fingers i click the mouse with

All in all, TO DATE, its OK!

Regards

Graeme

Reply to
Rob

That's what I did in my case and it's working wonderful.

V.M. snipped-for-privacy@vm-designing.com

vm