spaceball - NOT removing detail during pan zoom rotate

bob z. has a little issue. bob z. has his swx set to 'hide detail
during pan - zoom - rotate. this is really nice. it makes bob z. feel
all warm and fuzzy (without the disturbing hangover!), but it only
works with the mouse. with previous hardware conflagrations, the
detail removal would work with the spaceball. not always, but mostly.
since bob z. has this brand-new top of the line dell, this performance
enhancing feature has not worked at all with the spaceball. bob z. is
working on a rather large assembly right now and it is very difficult
to navigate.
hardware and software:
spaceball 4000
3dxware version: 4.1.2
firmware version: 2.43
swx2004 sp4.2
window$ xp sp2 (bling bling baby!)
dell
xeon 3.4ghz
2.5 gb ram
quadro fx 3400
driver version: 6.14.10.6176
bob z. appreciates any kind of suggestions to solve this little issue.
bob z.
p.s. lost my mind, lost all my money...
oh yeah, on a side note. bob z. scanned his license into the black and
white copier. mostly everyone that sees it thinks bob z. couldn't get
on an airplane.
;~)>
Reply to
bob zee
If I were bob z., I would uninstall XP SP2.
SW has recomended that bob z. wait until SW 2004 SP5 and/or SW 2005 SP 1. bob z. should look up other threads on this as Mug..., (ARRH! you've got me doing it) I'm not the expert.
HTH, Muggs
Reply to
Muggs
I've got version 4.2.5, firmware version 5.79, Magellan Classic, and version 2,5,1,0 under 3Dcontrol in SolidWorks 2005. The latest download from 3Dconnexion is dated 8-10-2004. Dell Precision 360 3.2EE, FX500.
Detail is removed with Magellan during rotate the same as with MMB.
Steve R.
Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler
bob zee had no choice but to use Xpee sp2. his new, kick a$$ computer came with it installed from our very unknowledgeable IT dumba$$. the IT dumba$$ is using him as a guinea pig, test machine. so far, all i see is absolute slowness on his new machine. we tend to think that a lot of it has to do with the mumbo jumbo bull crap programs and processes that our IT dumba$$ has installed and running. we should probably run a test of his computer plugged into the network, and one with it unplugged. We have seen that at times, our box's will run faster unplugged.
mrcswp
Reply to
mrcswp